Well, at last, after one of the longest weeks ever the weekend is here.  Not sure why but I have felt totally exhausted all week and have been going to bed early every night.  The sun is trying to shine today and I shall soon be taking myself to the beach for some fresh air.  Before that I will be plugging the guitars in to make some noise.  I need to buy coleslaw as well.  There's always something!
For some reason I have felt completely worn out today, was tired when I woke up and got worse as the  day went on.  Now, as bed time approaches, I'm beginning to wake up. Another long day tomorrow, though hopefully  not as long as the last two days.  Perhaps we should jack it all  in and run away with the circus.
Its a miserable day day and I'm trying to get something done but my heart isn't in it.
Sorted out my work tool box which was getting a bit tatty and put everything into a better one I found at the back of the cupboard.   Maybe it will make me look a bit ,more professional!
I've looked at the outstanding work in the bathroom and I am making some efforts there this morning but in my search for some tools I found that the input on my bass guitar was loose and crackling so I'm taking a few minutes out to sort it.  <<ten minutes later>>  That's better!  Tightened up and no more crackling.  Time for a few bars of the bass riff from the Strangler's Peaches on the beaches.
This won't get the wood work done in the bathroom but maybe I can deal with the plumbing instead.
Very tired after a long  week trying to keep on top of an impossible workload.  The weekend will consist of making dinners, trying to write a story and some music practice. All colleagues in a similar situation as they are trying to pass work to me to ease their loads, For the first time I am refusing some requests as I am a bit disappointed to find that I have been travelling back from out of area jobs when the people who asked me to cover jobs are at home with their feet up.  I can't see finishing every night at 6-7 pm when others are at home at 4.30.  Its a nice sunny day today so I'm off up the cliffs for a stroll in the fresh air. 
back at work and hard at it.  230 miles today and probably more tomorrow.
Relaxing by plinking the ukulele, apparently  the a la mode instrument at the moment.  I knew if I kept it long enough it would be fashionable again.  I don't follow fashion, fashion follows me.
Dug out and re-strung my mandolin as well, I do like the sound and it doesn't take up as much space as a guitar, so it might be an idea to take it with me to practice at lunchtimes.
Isn't it amazing how fast a week goes by when you don't have to work?  I have a theory about this called Variable Chronology Syndrome.

During the day those in power slow down the passage of time in order that they can extract the maximum amount of work from you in the minimum of time. 
Once the day is over the same hand turns the control to 'Fast' so that the hours between the end of a shift and the beginning of the next pass quickly so that you can be back serving your capitalist masters again and make them more money.
Sun shining today and everything looks better.  took a trip out to Margaret Greens Animal Sanctuary at Church Knowle.  Saw some delightful kittens and much to my surprise, managed to get away without pleas to take one home.  My week off is passing in a blur, tomorrow morning is my check up at the hospital after the umpteenth operation on my shoulder that took place just before Christmas.  should be the last time.
Having this week off wasn't great timing, unknown to me when I booked the week there is a lot going on that will require a lot of customer support but nobody thought to warn us.  We are enjoying a relaxing time here, apart from tackling the crap hidden away in THE CUPBOARD!!!  It was a bit like Christmas and I found a load of stuff that I had forgotten about, like a pile of SD cards, loads of lost tools and some guitar parts. 
So far today we have had the excitement of shredding old paperwork that needs throwing out and finally getting my site up and running, having owned the domain for nearly a year.  Plenty of more stuff to come, including some more stories as I write them. 
So  far today, the first proper day of a week off, I've tried to save some power by fitting a Stand By Off adapter to my big telly, the instructions were all pretty clear, plug the four-way adapter in, plug the TV components in to the block.  then plug Scart adapter in line with the scart lead of the telly and then plugging in the small USB plug to the power black and the standard USB plug into the back of the sky box.  Got that far and found out that  my Sky box doesn't have a USB socket anywhere on it.  Went out into town for some foil dishes, strangely I was able to get these in a town where buying a ripe banana can be a challenge, especially on a Sunday.  I'm grateful to live in a town with only one roundabout and one set of traffic lights, I see quite enough of these during the week.  The town is pleasantly sun lit today but there is a sneaky cold wind cracking in off the sea to keep us on our toes.